Thursday, November 16, 2017

Patio roof fix

The years have not been kind to the patio roof.  This year's strong winds broke a few pieces of the fiberglass sheets and the early snow made those broken sections larger.  I already have replacement sheets for the roof but when I do replace all the sheets that make up the roof I want to fix the supporting frame.  And I want to trim some of the tree branches above the roof, which if they fall wrong after being cut would go right through the roof.  So I have put the project off until I have more time.

Since the snow earlier this month we have been slightly warmer so some of the 8.3 inches of snow had melted, making a further mess in the patio.  Today I got some extra metal sheets and placed them over the three large holes in the roof.  That should keep snow and rain (mostly) out until next year when I need to make time to redo the roof.



No comments: