Saturday, November 25, 2017

Hayfield gate

Since this back to normal to slightly warmer weather came the snow melted away. (Thank you again for sharing some of your global warming with us. We all out here appreciate it as no one is ready for Winter to start.)   With the nicer weather I went back to redoing some of my gates.  Yesterday I finished the hayfield gate.

I replaced the old barb wire string gate with two 12 foot metal gates.  I put this higher on my to-do list after this Summer I saw Buddy the bull standing at - and kind of over - the gate when the neighbor's bull was across the road.  Buddy could have took one step forward and easily walked through the old gate.  If he only knew.

Even though the left railroad tie is kind of wimpy, I kept it.  I didn't feel like re-doing that side with different railroad ties, especially since I didn't know if the weather would hold.  It is not important for both sides to match, though visually it would be nice.






Once the gates were done I let the cattle have access again to the hayfield.  The first thing they did was go over to check out the gates.


No comments: