Sunday, August 30, 2015

Tractor

I bought a used tractor last week. No more pulling hay bales on pallets!    The tractor is a John Deere 5420.

Early morning this past Saturday I drove it home. The top speed is about 17 to 18 mph.  I've been so busy with the irrigation pipes I haven't had a chance to do anything else with the tractor.

I did check and the tractor will just fit in the pole shed with about a foot to spare.  That's good as the tractor has a block heater and the pole shed has electricity.  I just need to find time to clear out one of the sections of the pole shed to drive the tractor into.









For more info on John Deere 5420 tractors:  http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/001/5/7/1571-john-deere-5420.html


I also bought a new bale spear for the tractor.  I brought the bale spear home using the pickup.  While the salesman and I lifted the bale spear into my pickup, I had to use a couple of boards to slide the spear from the pickup to the ground.  I haven't had a chance to test attaching the spear to the tractor.



No comments: