Sunday, August 09, 2015

Willow tree fall

Late Sunday afternoon we had strong winds for a brief time.  I had just finished spraying weeds in the south pasture.  I felt only a few wind driven raindrops.  I saw lots of dirt blown from the ridge and heading east.  Other than that I have seen stronger winds.  The winds were over by the time I got back to the house.

However... when I got back to the house I found the large willow tree had blown over onto the garage.  At least two branches went through the roof.  But the garage appears to have held the tree up.

It is a good thing I had redone the electric lines to run underground as the tree also had held up the electric wire that powered the garage, tool shed and barn.

As you can see the two parts of the "V" also broke apart.

Its a shame as the tree was coming back and providing good shade over the garage.  The tree has been here forever.

Monday, while waiting for my new pump, I will cut up the tree.



No comments: