Saturday, February 28, 2015

Frustrations

Today my Uncle Curt and Aunt Cathy had a celebration honoring their 50th wedding anniversary. Because of the cattle I couldn't take time away to travel to Washington State for their celebration. 

Happy 50th Curt and Cathy!

Also this weekend my neighbor Jan is in Vancouver, Washington moving her daughter back to Kalispell. She would have liked me to help them move, and to drive the moving truck back to Kalispell.  But again, I can't because of the cattle.

I could have even combined the two events, if not for the cattle.


The cow with the bad leg is still limping.  Even more today.  Again, nothing looks swollen or wrong.  I am hoping the extra limping is because her leg got stiff since she is laying around more.  The only times I saw her move was after she got up.


Daisy was frustrated with me this morning.  She is not like that cat in the recent video where the cat plays dead to avoid going outside for a walk.  Daisy is the opposite.  She wants to go for a walk outside.  She wants me to come outside and do stuff.  

Yesterday we had a strong cold wind. Daisy spent much of the day inside.  Today the wind was just a light breeze and Daisy was ready to play.  I had stuff to do inside the house this morning and Daisy was very talkative trying to convince me to come outside with her. 

The short time I was outside Daisy rolled all over around my feet.  She picked up all sorts of dead grass and dirt and was quite filthy.  I tried to brush her off as she rolled around but that was dangerous as she then wanted to play with me and started to bat her paws at my hands as she rolled around.  The problem was that she started to get carried away and her claws came out.

Later, when I returned from grocery shopping I found a dead mouse in front of the door.  Daisy had taken her frustrations out on the poor mouse.

But Daisy was happier after I returned home as I then spent time outside splitting logs.  She checked out this and that near where I was working.




How many boards are there Daisy?

I had to sneak back to the house to get my camera as she would follow me everywhere.  Halfway through splitting logs I took a break and walked out to the pasture to check on the large hay bale the cattle have been feeding on.  Daisy wasn't to be seen.  However when I returned there she was sitting waiting for me.  She wasn't too thrilled I had 'left' her.

When I finished splitting logs for the day Daisy wasn't to be seen.  However two minutes after I went inside the house there she was scratching at the door to be let in.  I may not always see her but she keeps an eye on me.

Right now she is using part of the computer keyboard as a pillow and sometimes the F keys go off changing my screen.


While the logs are dry, having sat for a couple of years, I still want them to sit longer after being split to completely dry.  I'll use them for firewood next Winter.


I had to re-stack this pile a second time as when I had put the last log on the pile for the day the stack tipped over.  I was able to jump out of the way and not get hit.

No comments: