Thursday, April 11, 2013

Red feeder

Last Friday when I got the corral panels from Dan he also gave me an old broken down feeder.  I figured I would give the feeder a try to replace the bathtub for feeding Baby and the heifer.

The feeder needed some work.  The hard black plastic was no longer fastened to the frame.  Knowing the cattle they would get the plastic out of the frame.  So I got some bolts, screws and a drill, and after some hard work wrestling the plastic I got it attached back to the frame.

Before (left) and after (right) photos...


I put the feeder out for the cattle to use.


I'd like to say this solved the problem of the cattle pushing the hay out and onto the ground.  But they still do it.  Maybe not as much as when I used the bathtub, but still more hay than I care to be pushed out onto the ground and wasted.  I do notice the cattle don't step into the feeder now.

No comments: