Saturday, April 06, 2013

Creston Auction

I attended the (47th) annual Creston Auction on Saturday.  I actually got to the auction a little before it started.  Because Friday and Friday night were so wet from rain most of the stuff was covered by tarps or plastic.  Much of what wasn't covered was very wet.


As the morning went on auction helpers or the public started to uncover the merchandise.

Some stuff was good...


Some stuff was interesting to the right person...


I didn't take photos of the stuff that "only a mother could love".  I would say the auction was a good place to get rid of your old tube TV instead of paying to have it hauled off to the dump.


The small round feeder sold for $80.  I didn't buy it even though it would be perfect for feeding Baby and the heifer right now.

Tammy said she would stop eating chicken if I started to raise chickens so I didn't get the feeders either.


There were only four auctioneer wagons this year.   The first photo shows Bobby Roshon selling a saddle.  The second photo shows the Amish/Mennonite (?) auctioneer team.  The guy in the middle has been an auctioneer at the Creston auction before but the two auctioneers backups are new.  For some reason there are always a number of Amish/Mennonites in the audience at the Creston Auction each year.


It was a cool cloudy rain-threatening morning, and with a chill in the air and very little that interested me, I left after a few hours.  Tammy was running her Treasure Market Expo so she didn't attend the Creston Auction this year.

No comments: