Thursday, April 04, 2013

Ditch burning

I completed the burning of the ditches today.  The timing was right as the rain came this evening and the grass is starting to grow.

This is the section I had left to burn today as I had to quit burning last night when it got late.


There was not much of a breeze today when I burned.  This was both good and bad.  A light breeze meant little chance of the fire getting out of control.  On the other hand the fire just crept along.


Earlier in the week I had burned along the north hayfield fence and over half the west fence to create a decent boundary for when I planned to burn the hayfield.  But today I decided against burning the hayfield as the grass is growing and the fire would set it back.  I had burned the hayfield last year so it is not like the dead grass is over done.

No comments: