Thursday, February 14, 2013

More feeder fun

The cattle are testing me.  How patient am I?

Yesterday I found the heifer had tried to break my last repair job on the feeder.


So I fixed it.  I redid the broken side and added more and bigger boards and added another supporting board on the other side.  That seems to have done the trick as today the board is as how I built it.

But then Momma decided to be naughty this afternoon.  I guess if one can't get in the feeder from the side they will do it from the front even if there is not as much room.


The previous photo on the right also shows how I beefed up the previous board yesterday.

To stop the cattle from stepping in from the front I added a board across the front.


Baby and Momma

Now if I can get Momma to stop burying her head deep in the hay and moving it around.  When the feeder is full of hay she spills some over the side which goes to waste after they step on it.

No comments: