Friday, December 23, 2011

Nuts

I like nuts.  Snacking on them or ground up and added to my oatmeal cereal.

So much so that when a grocery store had nuts on sale for $1.98 a pound I filled several bags.  Tammy helped me as she likes nuts too.  She held the bags while I shoveled nuts into them.

Once I was done there wasn't enough filberts/hazelnuts left to fill another bag.  There were more almonds left but I thought two bags each was plenty.  For now.

I left the walnuts be.  Walnuts are easy to get and not as expensive as almonds or hazelnuts when bought shelled and in a bag.

A couple people in line made comments to me when I was in the checkout line.  Tammy - not standing anywhere near me - heard other people comment on my nuts.   Right Tammy?  They were commenting on my nuts and not me being nuts? 

My nuts...

These are a little more than 23 pounds of nuts and they cost me about $47.   The hazelnuts weigh more than the almonds do.

No comments: