Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Damaged mail box

A week or so ago someone dented my mailbox.  I pounded out the dent.  Then I put two wooden poles in the ground on each side of the mailbox to prevent someone from again whacking my mailbox as they drove by.

This morning I found my mailbox dented again.  This time it was worse than the first time.  They had to stop and then hit the mailbox from the top to dent it.  I haven't seen any other mailboxes a short distance up and down the road that were dented so I don't know why seem to be only targeting my mailbox.

I again pounded out the dent and straightened the mailbox so I could close its door. I added a board and bar to protect the top of the mailbox.  It doesn't look pretty but hopefully it will protect my mailbox.  I have an idea now on how I can use some odds and ends of re-bar and pipe I have and make a cage around my mailbox.  That will have to wait until next year and warmer weather.

The two poles on the right exist to protect my mail box from the snow coming from a snowplow.  Once it snows I nail a board to the poles to deflect the snow and protect my mailbox.

The two poles on each side of the mailbox are what I added a week or so ago.  Monday I nailed the board to the poles and added the re-bar over the box.

No comments: