Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Bunny and pie

I made another apple pie today.  The brown streaks on the crust are from the cinnamon and sugar I sprinkled on top.



After getting my mailbox smashed several weekends in row, my mailbox was left alone this weekend. It appears putting a board and bar across the top has deterred the vandals.


Late afternoon near dusk, as I was working on moving more of my boards and stuff from my pole shed, I noticed a large black rabbit sitting in the corral near the loafing shed.  It sat there until I looked away.  Tammy had seen this rabbit before but I never have seen it. I have seen its tracks in the snow.  The rabbit is very large and completely black.  I've never had a rabbit at the ranch before.  I don't know if this is good or bad.  I don't have a garden right now.  The rabbit is cute.  So I guess having a rabbit around the ranch right now is good.  If the rabbit ever becomes a problem I can always have Tammy research rabbit stew recipes.

No comments: