Friday, January 14, 2011

Roof snow

Last night and this morning it snowed.  It must have been around four inches give or take an inch.  With a temperature of 7 F and little to no wind the snow was light and fluffy.  Too bad I forgot my cross country ski shoes back in Montana.

I shoveled off my brother's driveway and sidewalks.  I also shoveled off the driveways of the two neighbor widows.  And as I was on a roll and enjoying the exercise, I shoveled off part of the street in front of my brother's house.  I may reap the 'benefits' of all this exercise later.

So my brother had no snow to clear when he got home from work.  To make up for it he decided to use his snow rake on some snow from one part of the house roof in order to prevent an ice dam from forming when it warms up later into a freeze/thaw cycle.  He then used his new snow-blower to remove the fallen snow.

Here are few photos of the snow he raked from the roof:

No comments: