Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Revolutionary trivia

Monday was another night of trivia.  Again I walked/ran the three quarters of a mile to the Landing Bar.  It was harder to walk on the streets than the cleared sidewalks.  The snow that remained on the streets was packed to a hard icy sheen.  As this packed snow was not flat, it made for worse walking than on ice.  For the few times I had to use the street I had to wait in a driveway for a vehicle to pass by.

Mona and Rod both showed up this night and they were a great help to Darrel, Al and I.  In game number one we tied for first place with two other teams with 13 answers correct out of twenty.  We went through three tie breaker rounds before we lost.  The tie breaker question was:
What state had the most revolutionary battles?
We guessed: Virginia, then New York, then Pennsylvania. Our rational was to guess big states.  The correct answer was South Carolina.  What?!

In game number two we placed in the middle with 15 correct answers. Sometimes for our guesses the obvious logical answer was correct; other times it was not.  We seemed to go 50/50 on our guesses this night.

For the "quarters" bonus question Mona got one correct and got a small blanket for a prize.  She would have won another quarters question except at the time she didn't have any quarters to play.  I didn't have any quarters as in my rush to get to the contest on time I forgot to bring money or my wallet.

No comments: