Sunday, January 02, 2011

IKEA

Tuesday Tammy and I drove to Minneapolis near the Mall of America where the IKEA store is located.  I never had been in an IKEA store.  It is huge.  The store has everything you would need for your house or apartment, from appliances to towels to utensils.  Everything but food, though one could buy some Scandinavian crackers, cookies, jams, and meatballs.

The store had a marked path on each floor directing people on where to go.  Naturally I wasn't paying attention when we first got there and we ended going against the flow for a while.

What I found confusing was the Scandinavian words on all the display signs.  I kept thinking that was the name of the item, rather than the Scandinavian word for the English word.



Here is a neat wall hanging that I liked.  These wall hangings are a material that is closer to canvas than a solid board.  Another item to build after you get it home, though it would be easy to carry it home.

No comments: