Friday, July 23, 2010

Rain

We had a chance of rain today with the passage of a cold front and we got the rain.  It was a good thing as it hadn't really rained for some time now (I'm not counting the quicky shower earlier this week) and things were starting to dry up.

I was out in the pasture near the river.  Initially I thought it would be another brief light shower.  Wrong!  I got soaked to the skin by the time I got home.

Since a cold front came through the temperature dropped from the 70s it had been this afternoon to 54 degrees.  Brrr!!  Even after toweling off and getting into dry clothes I was still cold.  I ended up even putting on my flannel shirt in order to get warm.  Yup.  Mid July and I am wearing a flannel shirt to be warm. Where is Summer?  The forecast does call for 90 degree temperatures this weekend.  That would be a nice change.

With the rain came thunder and lightning.  Hopefully the lightning didn't start any forest fires.

Btw - the horses discovered the gate to the fruit tree area is now open and they have been spending much of their time there today.

No comments: