Monday, July 12, 2010

Pump quit

It appears my old pump has given up the ghost.   This afternoon as I was filling the horses' water trough the pump quit.

When I opened the pump shed's door to check on the pump I smelled a strong electrical smell.  The water pressure was zero.  I suspect the pump motor burned out.

The pump is very old.  Very old.

I called Lyle, the pump and well person I have used in the past.  He was very busy Monday and didn't call me back until after 8 pm.  By then I had gone over to Bob and Jan's house to fill up several containers of water.  That will last me until morning when Lyle can look my pump over.  I guess I will have to skip having a shower in the morning.

This is what my pump looks like.


I use the brown board in the middle to help support the false ceiling in the pump. With all the insulation I have in that false ceiling I thought a little more help would be wise.

No comments: