Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Hay, rain, concert, truck

With my hay in the barn Sunday, Monday I helped Dan's son load the 70 bales Dan bought from me onto Dan's trailer as Dan drove around my hayfield.  With that done I could rest easy about my hay.

None of the weather forecasts had rain predicted but - guess what?! - a system north of the border in Canada slipped south and we had a couple rain showers Monday afternoon.  I was in one of my pastures and got soaked.  Good thing I got my hay baled and stored by then!!!

Poor Wyatt.  He hadn't picked up all of his bales and they got rained on.  At least the rain wasn't enough to soak the bales so it could have been worse... the rain could have come when the hay was still laying in the field.

Wyatt got the rest of his bales this afternoon.

Now that my census work is done I am back to physical labor between the hay and other pasture work.  After three days of this I am stiff and sore and today was mainly a rest day.

This evening I attended a Picnic in the Park concert.  This is the first one I have attended this year. The concert was by Andre Floyd and Mood Iguana.  They are good but maybe it was because it was the third year I have seen them in concert; maybe it was because I didn't notice a theme to their concert; maybe it was because they seemed a little too relaxed playing rock music; or maybe it was something else, but I found the concert experience to be just "average".

I saw some of the old regulars in the concert crowd and some new faces.  The crowd was older than average, especially for a rock concert.  Lots and lots of gray hairs and a number of people looked to be near social security age.  Few people looked to be under 30 unless they were kids.

After the concert, while walking to my car, I passed by a monster truck.  Look at how the owner had to drop the back hitch in order to use it to tow stuff.

No comments: