Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Horses, berries, concert, haircut, mosquitoes

I decided to let the horses into the fruit tree area to eat the grass down.  I put up a temporary fence around my strawberry & rhubarb patch and also the raspberry patch.  There are some strawberries and some raspberries to munch on.  Not a whole lot as I haven't weeded the patches this year.

All that effort to fence the berry areas and the horses still haven't entered the fruit tree area.  I even stood at the gate and called them.  They ignored me.

I attended the noon time Picnic in the Park concert.  The act was Band O' Steve.  Actually one guy... Steve Jackman.   I arrived late to the concert and didn't arrive until the intermission.  After the intermission Steve played a wandering jazzy number on his electronic keyboard.  It sounded like it belonged as background music in an infomercial.  He then sang several other numbers and I left early as I didn't think it was any good.

I roto-tilled between the rows in Jan's garden to dig up the weeds.  After that Jan gave me a haircut which I needed badly as my hair was growing long. It's summer!  Time to have short hair.

With all this rain this Spring the mosquitoes are bad.  They are even out during the day.  Going near the river is a challenge.

No comments: