Friday, July 02, 2010

100

I've been busy this week getting the latest census operation (VDC) up and running for my district.  This is a challenge as this operation's initial roll out seems much more chaotic than the start of the last census operation (NRFU).  This afternoon I finally got my complete list of team members.  Friday afternoon.  Before the July 4th holiday weekend.  Talk about great timing.

This evening I took a break from census work and checked my pocket gopher traps the first time in several days.  I caught two more pocket gophers and now my year's total is 100 dead gophers.

I also checked the river and it is falling at a steady rate.

The grass is growing but so are the weeds.

The horses are behaving.  They are still in the corral.   I've noticed that they favor certain areas as the very tall grass is eaten down to the ground while most of the rest of the corral still has tall grass.

No comments: