Sunday, November 09, 2008

Fall and front yard

Home, sweet home. I have yet to mow the front yard this year as this is all the grass grew after the cattle ate it down this past June. I'm not going to mow the yard as I have a brand new lawn mower and have yet to put gas and oil in it. No sense doing so for one quick mowing job then storing the mower for winter. Beside the lawn looks rather nice with the colors don't you think?

Note there are mountains beyond the far trees. What with all the rainy cloudy weather this past week I've seldom seen them. When the clouds do lift I see snow much of the way down the mountains. The view is pretty... but that much snow indicates less areas I can hike unless I have a hankering to hike in snow.

Today the afternoon was rain free. The temperature was in the mid 40s F and the air was absolutely calm. It was one of those days where with the recent moisture and stillness sound carried far. Even though everything was wet and damp I spent a few hours sawing up branches and odds and ends of wood. I also split a few logs. All for firewood.

For now I spared several partial sections of former tree trunks as they have an artistic appeal to them. Their temporary stay of execution may become permanent if I can think of somewhere to put them.

No comments: