Friday, November 21, 2008

Burning log

Tonight as I was stirring the mostly burnt but still smoldering logs in my wood stove one log jumped out of the stove and onto the floor in front of the stove. YIKES!!!

Fortunately the log fell onto the metal floor covering that the stove sits on, though some embers fell onto the throw rug in front of the metal covering. I quickly brushed the embers back onto the metal.

The problem was the smoldering log was hot and now with more air started to flame again. Smoke rose. I quickly got a towel and grabbed the log and tossed it back into the stove. *whew!*

Still a fair amount of smoke got into the house. I have my air cleaner on high to clear it out and it is taking longer than I would like. I guess I should have earlier opened the doors to air the house out even though the temperature was in the 20s F.

This is a first for me but at least no fire started.

No comments: