Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Cattle photos

No new calves.  I just checked.   Several cows are so big they look like houses walking when they move.

One cow grooming a very pregnant cow

I let the "Bad Mama" cow out of the corral and put Mama in the corral to keep Toby company.  The "Bad Mama" cow changed.  She went from a cow who wanted nothing to do with her calf to being a 'helicopter parent'.  The first day mingling with the other cattle "Bad Mama" would headbutt any other calf who came near her calf.  Sometimes they hung out with the other cattle (like tonight) and other times they spend time by themselves (like this morning when I took these photos as she was grooming her calf).




Also this morning I found cow #60 had this wire stuck in her tail. I don't know how long this morning she had been walking around with this tangled in her tail. This was one of the wire fence pieces I had used to protect an evergreen tree and which the cattle had taken down to reach the tree's lower branches.  I had leaned the wire pieces back against the tree.  The cow kept walking as I tried to untangle the wire from her tail.  Eventually I removed the wire from her tail.


No comments: