Tuesday, April 09, 2024

Two calf breakout

This morning I heard a cow mooing when I went out to check for any new babies.  No new babies.  But I found the reason for the mooing was that two calves were outside the extended corral.  I think the calves had laid down by the extended corral panels, and when they got back up they rolled and came up outside the corral.  The corral panels are low enough cattle can't go under them, but calves can if they lay down a certain way.

I had a job herding the two calves back into the extended corral.  I have one panel that has a gate one can open.  Some back and forth with the calves while watching that no cows came out of the open gate. Then I got the calves to go through the gate and back to their mothers.  The calf with the mooing mother immediately went to drink from her mother.



No comments: