Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Trimming a few more tree branches in the pasture

After I finished harrowing the north pasture last week I went back and trimmed a few more low tree branches on a few trees.  

Now that I bought a new pole saw, and it is a longer pole saw, I was able to cut the remaining dead branches on a dead tree.  I found this saw on Amazon.  It is a Dremmt pole saw and its length is from 7 to 27 ft. 



It worked well on tree shown below and I didn't have to use all the sections to reach the top branches.

Today I tried using the pole saw on my box elder tree over my patio.  Last Fall when using the machine to lift me up high I wasn't able to reach all the dead branches.   https://tallpinesranch.blogspot.com/2023/10/trimming-box-elder-trees-by-patio.html

I used all the sections of the pole saw and found the pole would bend slightly and was not completely straight.  And it was windy today which made it hard to maneuver the saw.  I was able to trim a few lower dead branches.  I'll try again for the taller branches on a day without wind.




Here is a look at the harrow job I did in the north pasture.



Some of the cut branches were big enough that I plan to cut them up later and use them in my woodstove next Winter.

No comments: