Wednesday, April 03, 2024

2024: Calf 10 - 90's

After I found newborn calf #9, I let the cattle into the corral to eat a small hay bale.  I then saw this cow laying there.  And Little Beulah's calf was laying right next to her like 90 was his mama.  I went over and checked.  90 was starting to have her calf.



Little Beulah came back to check on her calf and then on what was going on.



I could hear the calf staring to try to breathe so I broke and removed the membrane from around the calf's head.  I then started to pull on the calf to make the delivery go faster.  It wasn't too hard as half of the calf was already outside the mother's body.


This time I wasn't directly behind the cow when the rush of fluid came out of her after the last of the calf came out of her body.



Donna helped me ear tag this heifer.  This time I needed help as this was a strong little girl.



My camera's battery was losing power so the video isn't long.    https://youtu.be/K_mD9y11Y9o

Two calves born the same morning.  Both are heifer calves.   I'm glad it was a nice day.

No comments: