Thursday, February 08, 2024

Wooden feeder board trimmed again

My boards never seem to stop growing.  I have trimmed the width of the boards in the large wooden hay feeder many, many times.  You'd think this would end.  But, no.    Today I noticed the boards width increased yet again, and doing so, popped up a board in the feeder floor as all the boards would no longer fit.   I had to trim the board narrower yet again.   In the photo, the board is before I trimmed it today.   So you can see how I had trimmed the board last year, and the year before. 



I don't over trim the boards as I want them to fit together without big gaps so the hay doesn't fall through the floor.  When the boards are dry they are loose with small gaps between some of them.   The board was so wet the sawdust was not light.


The board now fits.  I'll see how long this lasts.  The boards increase in size when wet, and this has been a wet Fall and a wet Winter so far.

No comments: