Friday, October 21, 2022

Walnuts and rain

After a few days in a bucket for the first walnuts I had shelled, a few days ago I finally got all of the walnuts out of their green shell. I laid all the walnuts on a board out in the sun.  A few of the first walnuts I had shelled and had in a bucket already had a little mold on the brown walnut shells.  Maybe the sun would help stop the mold while I tried to get other stuff done before the rain and cold temperatures came this afternoon.  This morning, before the rain started, I gathered up the walnuts back into a few buckets.  While rain is in the forecast for the next few days maybe I can get around to getting the walnuts out of their brown shells.



The walnut trees are now quickly losing their leaves now that the overnight low temperatures go below freezing.



With the colder temperatures today, late this afternoon I fired up the woodstove for the first time this season in order to warm up the house.

No comments: