Friday, October 14, 2022

North pasture tree trim

I trimmed off some dead branches on a tree in the north pasture.  Normally I would leave the branches alone on trees in the pasture, but this one was right outside the corral, and is where I place the cattle's salt blocks when they are in this pasture.  So seeing the dead branches was annoying to me.

View from before I had trimmed the lower dead branches.  From this viewpoint they are not that noticeable.


In the second photo you can see where I trimmed the dead branches.  I don't have a "before" view from this point.


You can see there are still dead branches high up on the tree.  I used an extension ladder and this is the highest I could reach. 

You can see the cattle tipped this feeder over onto its top.  When I get my tractor back I will flip the feeder back to normal.

There is another tree with dead branches in the middle pasture.  Today I finally trimmed all of its dead branches.  I'll try to post about it tomorrow after I get a photo of the trimmed tree.  It was too dark for a good photo when I finished.  Trimming that tree was much more of a challenge, and I didn't mention it earlier as I didn't want comments about it looking unsafe and you shouldn't be doing that.  It was slow going but I successfully finished.

No comments: