Friday, April 01, 2022

Windmill knocked over

The first time, a few weeks ago, my neighbor Curtis helped me and Donna with a newborn calf.  When Curtis left he backed his pickup in my front yard to turn around.   He didn't notice but he knocked my windmill over.


I let Curtis drive off as I thought I could stand the windmill back up on my own.  I couldn't as the legs had come apart.  Later when Curtis came back home from town I asked him to help me stand the windmill back up and reattach the legs.  We did. But the windmill's legs were now bowed and not ideal.  

Curtis offered to fix the legs, so I let him.  It took a few days, and I found out how much I like my windmill as I missed it every day when I looked out on my front yard.



Curtis also spray painted much of the windmill.



And Curtis added a few metal pieces to make an internal X inside the legs.  This makes it a little stronger.

No comments: