Tuesday, March 01, 2022

Ponds in the hayfield

I took a few photos of some ponds in the hayfield.  This was early afternoon so the ponds were larger by evening.  I checked the weather and it said we reached a high of 68 degrees this afternoon.  It certainly didn't feel that warm.  Maybe it felt like the low 50s?    At least today I didn't feel cold air when I bicycled.  A few weeks ago when our high that day was 56 degrees I could feel the cold in the air as I rode my bicycle.  Maybe it was because today has a little wind and the wind mixed and took the cold air away?

The pasture doesn't show it, but the hayfield still has plenty of ice.

Maria still has a bad limp, but after three days it looks to be a little better.  The healing will take a while.  I want the snow and ice to melt to make it easier for her (and me!) to walk.  The cows have more manure than the heifers.  So in the main corral I have stacks of manure.  It is like a field of rocks as the manure freezes hard!  After letting the cows out of the corral to go to the large hay bale today I used a shovel and went around part of the corral to knock manure stacks over.  Under the stacks of manure were stacks of ice.


No comments: