Thursday, May 14, 2020

Stump 2 removal

Today I finished my work on removing a second for the year stump from the middle pasture.   This stump is from a dead tree that fell over last year.  I had cut up the fallen tree last Fall.  I had planned on digging a little around the stump and then burning it.  However the stump didn't have much roots.  When digging I chopped through a few of the side roots so I wouldn't have to dig so wide. I didn't dig deep either.  The stump didn't have a major tap root.  It had a couple of smaller "tap" roots that went down.  One root was smaller than the other and about ten chops with my axe and I cut through that root.  Out of curiosity I pushed on the stump and the other root broke and the stump fell over.  So all I had to do is clean up the area, fill the dirt back into the hole, and I didn't have to burn the stump.  This stump was easier to remove than normal.





No comments: