Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Wood pile move on hold

The move of my boards is on hold.  Part way through the move I came up with the idea to build the machine storage building elsewhere.  Instead of south of my hayshed I think I will build the machine building near my NE pasture's north fence.  Instead of blocking my view of my north pasture I can block the view of several neighbors.  And I would have an unrestricted access to all of the building's sections when parking equipment as the moved piles of wood may have made access to the bay closest to the hayshed a little tricky.

I did some measuring of what size of machine building I need.  10 feet high as the hay baler is a little over 9 feet high.  20 feet wide as my 16 foot stock trailer is 20 feet long when you include the hitch.  And 50 feet long to handle an 8 foot wide stock trailer, an almost 9 foot wide hay baler, a 12+ foot wide hay rake and a 13+ foot wide haybine.

I had planted some evergreen trees along the NE pasture fence. But I have a section of three smaller trees planted closer to the fence than the other larger trees.  This section is over 60 feet long, more than enough for my building.  Now I need it to be next year and the ground to be thawed.

So that means I want my stacks of boards back where I originally had them.  That will alsowait until next year.

What I moved so far.

What I moved so far.  The leaning boards are to keep the calves from tipping the stack over.

What was left to moved, before I changed my mind.

Additional pile of boards from which I removed the nails and screws in them.

No comments: