Thursday, October 13, 2016

Walnut tree and wood stove

Here are two photos of my English Walnut tree after the killing frost.  The leaves went from normal and green to this overnight.




Today I gave in and lit a fire in my wood stove.  I had been delaying using the wood stove because one of the things I want to get done before Winter is to re-do the room/hallway the stove sits in.  Re-do the ceiling, sand and re-paint the walls, rip up the carpet and put down new flooring, and put a sun tunnel in the ceiling for more light.

Up unto October and this wet and cold weather it looked like the room remodel was possible.  I'm still not ruling it out once I get my other outside projects done... but the clock is ticking.  I don't want to do the remodel during Winter.

I didn't want to use the wood stove as I thoroughly cleaned the stove and chimney this Summer and to do the remodel I have to temporarily move the stove.  But... this cold weather finally wore me down.  The inside house temperature today was 49 degrees and I decided not to put up with the cold anymore.  Especially as the weather outside today was in the low 40s, overcast and damp with a chill in the air.  Rain and these way below normal temperatures are predicted to continue into mid-next week.  I want my global warming back!!!!!

Now the temperature in the house is 66 degrees and it feels too warm to me.  I can't win.


No comments: