Saturday, July 16, 2016

Rain and irrigation third line

It rained several times on Saturday.  Donna had it worse at her place; she had very heavy rain and hail.



I had to delay moving the pipes until almost 6 pm but I was able move them.  Donna helped me.

I was able to move the pipes without turning off the pump.  First I partially opened another valve.  The water shot out of the valve and instantly I was soaked below my knees.  I got a board to block the water and was able to open the valve further.

Since I had 60 pounds of pressure with 29 sprinklers I decided to add a few more sprinklers.  Also with my barn and yard in the way I had to shorten several lines.  So I made three lines.  I have a 11 sprinkler line to the barn; a twelve sprinkler line to the yard, and was able to have a shortened ten sprinkler line in the pasture.  33 sprinklers appears to be my maximum amount to still be able for a sprinkler to throw water 40 ft.

Below you can see I was able to extend the one line to have one sprinkler water the back yard.



No comments: