Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Irrigation shed roof done

If you remember back last November I was working on re-doing my irrigation shed's roof when Winter arrived.  I had everything done except putting down the new shingles.

http://tallpinesranch.blogspot.com/2014/11/irrigation-shed-roof.html

The weather since last weekend has been sunny and warm.  While there is plenty of snow left on the ground I was able over the last couple of days to shingle the irrigation shed and now I am done.  I can now cross this job off last year's to-do list.

You can see where the tar paper faded over Winter.


Done.  I also brought out and installed the white 'window' piece I had made last November before Winter came. 



Yesterday Daisy came out with me to work.  Actually, due to all the snow and water from melting snow I carried Daisy out to the shed.  Daisy doesn't like to be carried as she is an independent female.   She tolerated being carried well for the most part, though she was starting to do a low rumble growl by the time we reached the shed.

After a little exploring Daisy came up on the roof with me as I worked.




After a bit she settled down for a nap.  I was surprised she was so relaxed as I nailed all the shingles to the roof. I would have expected the noise would have bothered her.

Catching some Z's on a warm afternoon.



It was only when I left the roof to get something from the ground that Daisy decided she wanted down off the roof.  I lifted her down to the ground.


After more exploring Daisy settled into the old tree stump and remained there until it was time for us to return home.



Time to go home Daisy.

Okay.

I was able to carry Daisy 3/4 the way home before she insisted on getting down when we came to a large area of snow free ground.  She walked the rest of the way home across the snow, mud and water.  She had wet paws but that was how she preferred to travel.  Like I said, she is an independent female.

No comments: