Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Harrow start

I started dragging the harrow around the hayfield Monday.  Usually I don't get to doing so until April.  Advantages to doing the work now is:
  • No dust
  • Only a little of the green grass has come up.

It is hard to see the five harrow sections as I had drug the harrow for a while before remembering to take a photo.  Right off the bat the long pipe in front broke in two pieces and I had to add an extra chain for pulling.



I hope to get most everything harrowed this week.  I will wait to do the north pasture until after I keep the cattle in the corral. I'm waiting to do so until the last minute as the corral is still wet and the grass hasn't really started growing in the north pasture.  The later and less I feed hay in the corral means the less manure I have to shovel later.

No comments: