Monday, June 09, 2014

Horses

I got horses again this year.   Only two horses this time.  Earlier the grass in the horse pasture seemed behind the other pastures so I decided to go with a few less horses for the time being.  I wonder if the horses over ate the pasture last year.

They brought two mares who had been nursing foals.  Bringing the mares here is the start of the weaning process.  So far the horses are not non-stop eaters - unlike the horses last year.  If they stay as light eaters then I could have another horse or two.  The warmer weather the past week got the grass to finally growing better.

The horses are missing their foals.  Occasional whinnying and the white horse runs to the north pasture gate when she hears something thinking it may be her baby.



After the horses arrived I "horse proof'd" the yard so I could let them in the yard to eat the grass down.


Sunday I replaced a gate in the corral. While I worked I locked the horses out of the corral.  Naturally they wanted back in to the corral.


No comments: