Saturday, June 14, 2014

Calf 4 - Beulah's calf

The fourth calf born was born mid-afternoon on Saturday May 10, just three days after the previous calf.  Again I just missed the birth as the calf was sleeping and clean and Beulah was working on eating her afterbirth. 

This is the first boy calf born and my uncle Larry and aunt Diane wanted to name him.  The name they chose: Buster.  I have a few all black calves so if Buster is not feeding from his mother it is kind of hard to tell him apart from the others.


Tired from being born


Photo Tammy took of Beulah and Buster


Beulah is a big girl.  I was afraid if she was a mother like Momma - over-protective - then I could be in trouble.  But Beulah is a concerned but relaxed mother and I have had no problems with her.

Here is a short video of Beulah licking her newborn calf and then starting to eat her afterbirth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpGLzJvBreI&feature=youtu.be

No comments: