Friday, July 19, 2013

Hot air balloon

This morning around 8 am I saw a hot air balloon floating to my west.  8 am is late as the balloon in the past usually floats by before or around 7 am.

The 8 am time may have been a problem as the balloon was floating south - not north like it usually does.  The balloon usually floats when it is cooler and before the sun created thermals start.

Back in 2001 I had a hot air balloon land in my middle pasture. Today I wasn't sure of the wind direction so I watched and waited to see where it was going, and whether history would repeat itself.  The pilot used his burner a lot and stayed up on the ridge west of the river.  It appears he landed a little south of where the cattle has escaped over a week ago.  He had his work cut out for him to avoid the grain field, irrigation pipes and houses.


First sight

Moving south

Going down...





Daisy was also interested in where the balloon was going to land.


The action was all over in about 15 minutes.

No comments: