Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Off the rail

In all these years it has only happened once before but last night, New Years Eve, it happened again.  One of my barn door wheels came off the rail.

It was dark so I didn't see how it happened.  I didn't open the door any differently - or so I thought.  I was feeling a little off as Tammy and I ate earlier at HuHot restaurant.  They have all-you-can-eat and I thought I ended up being full but not stuffed.  But I found later the meal sat like a rock in my stomach as I slowly digested it.  My drink of choice last night was milk and not alcohol.

In the dark I couldn't get the wheel back on track.  I was able to pull the door shut to keep the cattle out of the barn and hay.  This afternoon I got a ladder and a crowbar and "finessed" the wheel back on track.


As you can see when the wheel is on track, there is little room between the door and rail.  This helps keep the wheel on track but makes it hard to get the wheel back on track when it comes off.


Of course Momma and Baby had to check my ladder out.  In the background you can see how big the barn door is.


One of the cattle kept eating while I worked.


Once the door was fixed I could refill the feeder.  I didn't want the cattle milling about eating while I was up on the ladder.

No comments: