Friday, January 25, 2013

Hay on the head

My uncle Larry emailed that he missed seeing photos and stories about Baby, Momma and the other cattle.  I guess I have been caught up in the love of Daisy.


Sometimes the cattle are in such a hurry to eat they don't let me fill the feeder before they start.  Adding to that is that I had a half dozen bales of hay that were packed together hard.  If I wouldn't break the hay apart the cattle would violently shake it to loosen it up. That could be fun to watch except that sometimes they would shake the hay out of the feeder into the muck.

When I broke apart the hay bales pieces of loose hay fell on the cattle's head as they ate.


Baby got the worse of it as she was the closest to me.    "What you looking at?!"


Does the hay on my head make my butt look fat?

Baby dropped a ball of hay on the ground and then ate it up.




Here is a 1:02 long video of Baby eating hay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvnkSa2y9Lk&feature=youtu.be



Two of the heifers from the "Gang of Four" still push Baby around.  Quite a number of times I hang around after putting out the hay to protect Baby.  They must have rammed her in the ribs hard quite a lot as sometimes all they have to do is swing their head around and look at Baby and she backs away from the hay.  They then move in and take her spot.

A few times the mean girls get impatient and when I am sweeping up loose hay in the barn they will try to push Baby away from the feeder.  I have to step out and tell them to back off, which they do and Baby comes back to eat more hay.

Below is after I told the mean girls to back off and let Baby back to her spot for eating hay.  Baby is deciding whether to go back or come over to me.


No comments: