Thursday, January 03, 2013

Missed the curve

This morning when I got up and looked outside I saw a highway patrol car near the end of my driveway and a red truck and trailer in the ditch.

The road curved and the driver went straight.

The weather was good and the road was dry. So....

Yup, another Flathead Valley driver.   People who have visited me and driven here know what I mean.  While every place I been says they have the worst drivers, the truth is we do.  Our car insurance rates are among the highest in Montana and higher than in any state I have lived in. There's a reason for that.

It looks like his flatbed trailer was filled with plastic bags filled with garbage.  Why?  I don't know.  I was pleased none of the bags burst and spilled garbage.


The truck hit and drove along the fence and took it all out for a ways.


As you can see in the previous photo, the truck also hit the old tree stump.  Even though the stump is old, it is solid.  The stump caved in the side of the truck.



Here is a 14 second video of the truck being pulled from the ditch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YlU093tCes


The rear tire was flat and the tow truck hauled off the truck and trailer down the road.  Later, on the side of the road on the corner of the ranch where I fixed the corner fence last month I found several broken fence posts and some strands of barb wire attached to the posts.  Either they had worked their way out from under the truck else they stopped and pulled it out and left it.  So I cleaned it up.

No comments: