Monday, March 05, 2012

Mouse

While Tammy and I were in North Dakota a mouse moved into the house.  This is our first mouse this Winter and Tammy was not happy.  She hates mice.

I realized we had a mouse the day after we returned when I saw that the mousetrap by the washer/dryer had been licked clean of peanut butter.  The trap was not triggered so the mouse had a light touch.  I put more peanut butter on the trap's trigger.

That night as Tammy and I watched a movie I heard sounds near the wood stove.  When I went to look I found part of an empty bag of microwave popcorn had been chewed on.  Tammy had dumped the popcorn into a bowl after she popped it and tossed the bag by the wood stove to be burnt later.  The mouse wanted the salt left on the bag.

This means war!  I set a couple more traps.

The next morning I found the peanut butter licked off the trap near the refrigerator. The mouse even got the peanut wedged into the trigger's curl.  What a light touch!

This "cat and mouse" game went on for several days and Tammy was not happy I wasn't catching the mouse.  "I will.", I told her.  "I always do."

Yesterday morning I trapped and killed the mouse.  I had switched to using the trap with a hair trigger touch by the refrigerator.

No more mice now.

No comments: