Saturday, May 28, 2011

To Tacoma and back

May 18 Tammy and I drove to Tacoma, Wa. to visit some of my uncles, aunts and cousins.  And to hold a Homemade Gourmet party in Bellevue, Wa. for Rachel, my former insurance agent.

Our start was neither late nor early at 9:20 am.  We made good time even though we passed through a half dozen or more sections of road construction.  The traffic was lighter than I expected.  I wonder if it was because it was a weekday or if it was due to high gas prices.

Barn along Hwy 28 north of Hot Springs, MT
Crossing Lookout Pass into Idaho
From Lookout Pass, the view back into Montana
I-90 in Idaho
Bridge where we crossed the Columbia River in Washington state
View up river of the Columbia River

As we pulled out of the Columbia River overlook parking area a woman arrived with her dog with its leg in a cast.



Our first view of Mt Rainer as we were slowed by heavy traffic between Auburn and Puyallup.


Our view of Mt Rainer the next day as we drove up to Seattle.



On our drive back home, as I filled the car with gasoline at the Flying J truck stop in Post Falls, Idaho, Tammy bought two monster pieces of pizza and devoured them both.  Though she was afraid I would take a photo of her eating the pizza, I didn't.  But I did get a photo of her sticking her tongue out a me. (not included here, but for a fee I will send a copy to you. )


Even though we got a late start from my uncle and aunt's house, we made good time as we stopped only once for gas and a bathroom break, and we had one less highway construction project to go through as the chip sealing of the new pavement on Hwy 28 was done.  We got home before dark.

The cattle still had plenty of hay.  Here are the hay levels in the metal feeder when we left and after we got back.

No comments: