Saturday, May 07, 2011

Bonfire wood

Tuesday I got some starter wood for my tree stump bonfires.  Tammy will be here Wednesday to visit me for almost three weeks and she likes bonfires.  And since I have more tree stumps to get rid of... it is a win-win situation for us.

There is a business down the road that does old wood and log work and they have a scrap wood pile.  The owner lets me take what I want as it saves him from later burning or getting rid of the pile.

Since Tammy is still healing from her fractured shoulder she wouldn't be able to help me get the wood this year.  Other times when we got the scrap wood Tammy hasn't been enthusiastic in loading my pickup with it.  I get the pickup half loaded and she thinks it is enough wood.  Then a few days and a few bonfires later we had to go get more wood.

So I took the opportunity to get full two pickup loads of wood before she arrives.  That should cover most of the bonfires I hope to have when Tammy is here.


Now I need to get to digging some around a number of tree stumps to get them ready for burning.

No comments: