Sunday, May 29, 2011

Pikes Place Market

May 19 my uncles, aunts, Tammy and I drove up to the VA hospital in Seattle to see my uncle Gary who was in the ICU.  He was on a new medicine and was extremely drowsy.  I don't think he knew I was there to see him.

After our short hospital visit we went to the Pikes Place Market to walk around and shop.  We also ate lunch there.  While eating lunch we talked about medical marijuana in Washington and Montana.  During my conversation with my uncles a woman came over and joined our conversation.  She tried to somehow link our  Montana/Washington medical marijuana conversation to gay rights.  I'm sure how the two were related other than her girlfriend is originally from Helena, Montana.

We didn't see the entire market but enough to give Tammy a flavor of what it is like as she had never been to Seattle before.  Curt bought a small photo of sailboats in a marina in heavy fog.  Diane was going to get some fresh flowers but we didn't walk back that way on our way out of the market.







There were a number of street performers at and around the Pikes Place market.  Across the street one old man was playing an upright piano on a street corner.  It looked to be a lot harder to 'lug' around on the hilly streets than a guitar.  Here are the "Beatles" minus Ringo.


Here is another supergroup, though I must confess I never got their name.

No comments: