Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Broken fence

My fence on one side of a gate was broken Tuesday.  I think the partially blind horse did it.   In the afternoon I noticed the four horses were out in the middle pasture and the partially blind horse was in the corral.

Then the partially blind horse went out into the north pasture.  Later I heard it whinny to call the others.  Then when I checked my pocket gophers traps I saw the one horse in the north pasture near the fence with the other four nearby in the middle pasture.

The last I saw, the one horse was making its way along the fence towards the open gate.

Then when I went out to spray weeds late afternoon I found this...


I wonder if the partially blind horse missed the gate? That is my only explanation since the open gate is wide enough for several horses to pass through at the same time.

I guess I know what I will be fixing for part of Wednesday. 

No comments: