Friday, April 23, 2010

Harrow and snow

The harrow work on my hayfield and pastures are done for this year.  This year I drug the harrow across all of the pastures, and not part of them like other years.  If I had more time I would have drug the harrow across some pasture areas more times in an effort to smooth out the bumps, but that will have to wait until another year.  I also drug the harrow across my neighbor's field to break up cow pies and knock down dead weeds.

The activity was hard on my harrow sections.  In the beginning I had two good sections and a decent part of the third section.  By the end of the work one of the two sections was bent and the third section was down to a few small pieces.

The start... and the end.



It snowed one day while I was working.  At times it was snowing so hard my previous track was already covered when I came around again.


No comments: