Thursday, April 22, 2010

Gophers again

Wednesday afternoon I found signs of gophers in my pasture.  Freshly dug holes. Dang!   All Spring I have been watching for signs of gophers and did not see any.  That is, until the temperature warmed up to 80 degrees the past few days.

So I got my traps out.  I set 14 traps as that was all I had stakes and markers for.  I will find stakes and markers for the last three traps.  I could have set all 17 traps but I instead filled in the remaining holes.

And here I had hopes the final gopher(s) I was trying to catch last year moved on or expired after I had trapped all the rest of them.

The white milk plastic jugs are the markers.


If you look closely in the following photo you can see some of the stakes I had put into the ground to mark tree stump locations.

No comments: